Applications are now live for the 2016 / 17 Sean O’Neill GAA Academy and scholarship scheme.
The GAA Academy at Queen’s supports students across all five GAA codes, who are driven to improve as a player while they work towards a world class qualification during their time at the University. In recent years the support programs around these students and expertise to guide them has continued to grow.
Each full Academy member across all sports can gain access to the following:
• Full membership of the Queen’s PEC at Botanic and full access to Upper Malone Sports Complex
• Personal, Game/Sport Specific Athletic development programs
• Personalised S&C coaching and exclusive access to the Strength and Conditioning suite at Upper Malone through Mick McGurn
• Physiotherapy / Sports Medicine support and Sports Education workshops
• Fitness testing, performance analysis and recovery monitoring
• Academic flexibility with respect to authorised absence for competition, assessment deadlines, examinations and course duration
• A range of bespoke Queen’s Sport Academy clothing
• Academic, Lifestyle and Career mentoring
• Performance Analysis Feedback
• Opportunity to avail of Queen’s Sport Adult Activity Course and Class Programme, including yoga, pilates, etc.
• Bespoke, personal Sports nutrition advice & supplements where applicable
• Degree Plus Accreditation (Route A) upon full completion of Academy Programme
• Exclusive Membership of Queen’s Sport Personal Development Programme (A.I.M)
• Financial support can include up to coverage of fees, accommodation and other education costs based on representative honours and contributions to Queen’s GAA over the course of the year.
In addition to the staff, facility & programs support listed, athletes will avail of a broad list bursaries, based on potential, performance and contribution to Queen’s GAA.
Follow the link to apply: