Applications are now live for the 2016 / 17 Sean O’Neill GAA Academy and scholarship scheme.
The GAA Academy at Queen’s supports students across all five GAA codes, who are driven to improve as a player while they work towards a high class qualification during their time at the University. In recent years the support programs around these students and expertise to guide them has continued to grow.
Each full Academy member across all sports can gain access to the following:
• Full membership of the Queen’s PEC at Botanic and full access to Upper Malone Sports Complex
• Personal, Game/Sport Specific Athletic development programs
• Personalised S&C coaching and exclusive access to the Strength and Conditioning suite at Upper Malone through Mick McGurn
• Physiotherapy / Sports Medicine support and Sports Education workshops
• Fitness testing, performance analysis and recovery monitoring
• Academic flexibility with respect to authorised absence for competition, assessment deadlines, examinations and course duration
• A range of bespoke Queen’s Sport Academy clothing
• Academic, Lifestyle and Career mentoring
• Performance Analysis Feedback
• Opportunity to avail of Queen’s Sport Adult Activity Course and Class Programme, including yoga, pilates, etc.
• Bespoke, personal Sports nutrition advice & supplements where applicable
• Degree Plus Accreditation (Route A) upon full completion of Academy Programme
• Exclusive Membership of Queen’s Sport Personal Development Programme (A.I.M)
• Financial support of up to £1,000 per annum based on representative honours
In addition to the staff, facility & programs support listed, athletes will avail of bursary support as follows:
Gold status – £1000
Silver status – £750
Bronze Status – £500
*Additional club & Past Member bursaries will be awarded at season end.
To apply, click below: