Applications are now open for the Queen’s GAA Academy for 2014/15.
Any Queen’s player across all five Gaelic Games codes and at all levels who wishes to apply for support for their development this year must do so through the Sean O’Neill GAA Academy
Each full Academy member across all sports can gain access to the following:-
- Full membership of the Queen’s PEC at Botanic and full access to Upper Malone Sports Complex
- Personal, Game/Sport Specific Athletic development programs
- Personalised Strength & Conditioning coaching and exclusive access to the Strength and Conditioning suite at Upper Malone
- Physiotherapy / Sports Medicine support and Sports Education workshops
- Firstbeat Technology sports science support for fitness testing, performance analysis and recovery monitoring
- Academic flexibility with respect to authorised absence for competition / training, assessment deadlines, examinations and course duration
- A range of bespoke Queen’s Sport Academy clothing
- Academic, Lifestyle and Career mentoring
- Performance Analysis Feedback
- Opportunity to avail of Queen’s Sport Adult Activity Course and Class Programme, including yoga, pilates, etc.
- Bespoke, personal Sports nutrition advice & supplements where applicable
- Degree Plus Accreditation (Route A) upon full completion of Academy Programme
- Exclusive Membership of Queen’s Sport Personal Development Programme (I.M)
- Financial support of up to £1,000 per annum based on representative honours
Associate GAA Academy membership
Each Associate Academy member will benefit as follows:
- Complimentary off peak membership to the PEC sports facilities at Queen’s
- Game specific athletic development programs throughout the season constituent of gym & pitch based components.
- The potential to move to full status dependant on performance within the club
- Opportunity to apply for support through individual aspects of full Academy programs, to be considered on merit & performance
- Opportunity to avail of Queen’s Sport tutored programs, including yoga, pilates, etc.
In addition to the staff, facility & programs support listed, athletes will avail of bursary support as follows:
Gold status – £1000
Silver status – £500
Bronze Status – £250
*Additional club & Past Member bursaries will be awarded at season end.